This idea was given to me by a Facebook friend, Jim Minton. So in honor of Father’s Day, I give you the following top ten lists.
Top 10 Things I Hope My Children Learn from Me
- I love them regardless of what they have done or do with their lives.
- Jesus loves them regardless of their past mistakes otherwise, he would not have died on the cross for their sins.
- Love does not mean you can get away with anything, there are expectations for those we love. Love is not a blank check to behave any way you want.
- You have to work hard and go after anything you want in this life. Very few people are just going to hand you what you want or need.
- Say please and thank you, a lot!
- Call your mother! (need to work on that one myself)
- Pay God (or people who do work in his name) and yourself (savings and retirement) before you pay anyone else.
- Read as much as you can and from as many perspectives as possible.
- Never raise your voice. (Still working on this one.)
- “Love the Lord your God with all your strength, with all your soul, and with all your mind and Love your neighbor as yourself.”
Top 10 Things I Learned from My Dad
- Don’t argue with Mom.
- Yard work is easier if you just get it done now.
- Sing loud even if you can’t sing well.
- Tell bad jokes.
- Try and fix it yourself.
- Know where you come from.
- Do what you can around the house to help.
- Love your kids.
- Don’t smoke.
- Never stop learning.
Fathers Day Quote. Digital image. Happy Fathers Day 2017 Quotes Wishes Messages Images Pics. Happy Fathers Day 2017 Quotes Wishes Messages Images Pics, 27 Apr. 2017. Web. 15 June 2017. (Featured Image)